Mobile Site

Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bibingka Muffin Surprise

A Starbucks Coffee muffin
A Starbucks Coffee muffin (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
By Juvy S. Iliwiliw

My first experience eating bibingka was one treasured memory that I could not forget. The peculiar taste and mouth watering goodness was just exactly what I need to feed my little tummy that time. It was always my aunt's pasalubong whenever she goes out of town and because its her favorite too, she never greeted us without it in her package. And we would always welcome that twin chance of seeing her and tasting her presents.

She has aged now but her longing for bibingka goes on. So everytime I have the chance of visiting her, it is always her favorite pasalubong too and even a single bibingka can already make her smile glow. I don't exactly know what she loves about her first love, bibingka, one thing I know I fell in love with bibingka too.


While we love bibingka just the way it is, we came up with twist to make it snack-perfect. This simplified version of the treat makes it an any day merienda. Start by preparing a 250-gram pack bibingka mix (we used White King Bibingka Rice Cake Mix) according to package directions. Pour mixture into muffin cups and bake at 350oF for 15 minutes or until done. In a bowl, mix grated cheese with chocolate sprinkles or chips. Brush each muffin's surface with butter, then slice the center horizontally and fill with the cheese-chocolate mixture. Serve hot. Make 12 muffins.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers