Mobile Site

Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tangy Tanglad Roast Chicken

English: Roasted chicken Español: Pollo asado
English: Roasted chicken Español: Pollo asado (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
By Juvy S. Iliwiliw


I have learned from my late grandmother that lemongrass or tanglad as commonly called here in the Philippines, has many celebrated uses. It can help prevent cancer, speedy cure to fungal infection and mosquito bite not to mention its savory goodness when added as food flavoring to most of our dishes here. Still I learned from her how to get the most of this tanglad whenever I do my cooking lessons with her. No doubt I still love to include tanglad in my cooking because I can easily find it in my backyard and even when I have to buy it, it's just so cheap that sometimes the price is just equivalent to a word of thanks.



In this recipe, lemongrass is being used to stuff the chicken so not to only smell its presence but even taste the real savory goodness that only a lemongrass can give. This is just one of the reasons why living in the Philippines has brought wonder to my life and to others, there is always some good stuff to add flavor to our food.


You will need:


1 whole chicken, approximately 1-1.2 kg

2     8 grams Maggi Magic Sarap

2 tablespoons Maggi Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix

1/4 cup patis

1/4 cup chopped garlic

salt and pepper to taste

1 bunch tanglad


Here's how:


Wash chicken thoroughly. Pat dry and then set aside.

In a bowl, combine Maggie Magic Sarap, Maggi Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix, patis, garlic, salt and pepper.

Rub prepared chicken with the seasoning mixture. Make sure that chicken is rubbed all over including the inside cavity. Let stand to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Stuff the tanglad inside the chicken cavity. Bake chicken on a 375 degree oven for 1 and a half hours, baking occasionally with corn oil. Remove from the oven, let the roasted chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing into serving pieces. Serve with buttered corn and vegetables on the side.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers