Mobile Site

Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cheese Crackers

Zigerbrüt, cheese grated onto bread through a ...
Zigerbrüt, cheese grated onto bread through a mill, from the Kanton Glarus in Switzerland. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
By Juvy S. Iliwiliw

In my hurry world, I always lost track of the hour especially when the work has to get done. This has been my life for years being part of the educational world. There are needs to be met both the students and administrators. I usually leave early for work and come home very late because of work again. My loving mother would always remind me of eating but when she's tired of reminding me about it, she just simply put crackers to my spacious shoulder bag. So, every time my stomach feels like crying because of hunger, there is always cracker ready for me to munch. And they are just bought crackers by mother that I may not even welcome its taste sometimes.

This has went on for years and I am just getting used to both the skipping of meals and the crackers. Until I finally decided to try making my own crackers at home so mother won't have to buy every time. These crackers I will share with you are good for snacks by themselves or with dips. The recipe is super easy!



You will need:


½ cup butter, softened
1½ cups flour
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)

Here's how:

Combine the butter, flour, grated cheese and parsley well in a bowl. Form into a log 2-inches thick, wrap in wax paper and chill until firm. (Logs can keep 6 months frozen). When ready to use, cut into thin slices and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400oF for 15 minutes or until golden at the edges. Cool and store in airtight containers.

Yield: 6 dozen crackers
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Storage time: 1 week, room temperature or 2 months, frozen



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers