Mobile Site

Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Home-made Birthday

By Juvy S. Iliwiliw

18th birthday is always the most awaited, most celebrated, most memorable  moment in a girl's life. And nothing could complete such a wonderful celebration than having all our love ones around the table and wishing and sharing the good food and the good life.

My 18th birthday was the moment that everything had happened was not the reality of what I have dreamed it would be. The inevitable has all conspired that year and I found myself away from home, away from family and away from the place that would remind me how I have graced the world with my presence.

I have stayed with an Aunt who knows nothing but making the most of her home. She always makes sure that her home would be an avenue to find her personal touch to her family. She was never wealthy but her family has survived with the richness of her love felt through her hands-on care. When she learned about my birthday, she was moved with her generosity maybe to create something for me. She  willingly baked a Butter Cake for me and to even make the baking impressed me was the thought that she taught me how to do it.

Her thoughtfulness has left something for me to cherish all my life. Then I realized now that we need not wait for our 18th birthday to have a grand celebration for our day because everyday is a day to be waited and celebrated. That 18th birthday of mine was not just celebrated but indeed celebrated more than enough, it was not only remembered but has been printed in my memory how someone has made me feel so extra special through her simple gesture of love. Indeed the best memory is never found with majestic moments and grandest celebrations but even in just a spark of time where you have made someone feel home a little bit of heaven on earth.


Home-made Butter Cake

 Ingredients:
1 cup margarine or butter
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
5 cups flour

Procedure:
In a bowl combine flour, butter, eggs, sugar and milk. Beat all ingredients until it become smooth.Then add the baking powder. Bake at 380 degrees.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers